After today we will not be accepting visitors at our office at least until April 10th. San Antonio Mayor Nirenberg and Bexar County Judge Wolf issued parallel “Stay Home, Stay Safe” orders yesterday that deeply limit travel outside the home from March 25, 2020 through April 9, 2020. As an accounting firm that provides services necessary to comply with legally required activities like filing taxes, we are exempt from the order, but the majority of our employees will be working remotely during this time.
As of March 20, 2020, the filing and paying deadlines for taxes due on April 15, 2020 were extended to July 15, 2020, but we are encouraging everyone to get income tax information to us as soon as possible to ensure that you:
- Can receive any refunds due to you as quickly as possible,
- Know the amount of your tax obligations,
- Know when the payments are required, and
- Know that you can plan for them without surprises
During this time, the ways we can transfer documents are:
- Secure Portal – let us know if you need help with this
- Mail, UPS, FedEx
- Only email information that does not include sensitive information like your Social Security number unless it is password protected
We also provide Electronic signing options for tax returns, so be on the lookout for that.
We hope you and your family are staying safe and we look forward to seeing you soon. Until then, please feel free to reach out to me or any member of our team via phone or email. We can also do a video conference if you need to see familiar faces. We are always here for you.
theKFORDgroup team is ready to assist you with your tax questions. Give us a call at (210)340-8351.